Wife swapping case: Navy officer`s spouse meets Antony
New Delhi: A Navy officer`s spouse, who has levelled charges of wife swapping against her husband and his superiors in Kochi, met Defence Minister A K Antony to complain about the harassment faced by her.
The woman told Antony yesterday that she was harassed in presence of her husband and Antony assured her that proper investigation would be done and strict action taken if anyone was found guilty, Defence Ministry officials said here.
The woman has filed a complaint with the Harbour police station in Kochi and the Vasant Vihar police station in Delhi saying she was molested by senior officers in her husband`s presence.
After the matter came to light, Antony had sought a report from the Navy on the allegations.
The Minister has said that three investigations were on at the moment into the case and strict action would be taken against the guilty.
The Navy, however, has been busy covering up the whole issue and its officials have been dismissing her allegations saying there was no merit in the case and the whole issue was that of marital discord.
The Navy had even told the same to the Defence Ministry in its report.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid