Will do whatever I have to: AK Ganguly on resignation
Kolkata: Amidst the growing clamour for his resignation as chairman of the West Bengal Human Rights Commission, former Supreme Court judge Ashok Kumar Ganguly on Tuesday said, he will do whatever he has to.
"I will not answer any question of yours. I will do whatever I have to," an angry Ganguly, who has been indicted by a Supreme Court panel in a sexual harassment matter, told reporters who tried to talk to him when he was taking a walk.
Although he has denied the allegations all along, activists and many politicians, including West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has sought action against him after he was indicted by the panel in the case of sexual harassment of a law intern.
Banerjee has twice written to President Pranab Mukherjee asking him to take appropriate action urgently while Trinamool Congress MP Derek O`Brien asked Ganguly on Twitter to step down on World Human Rights Day today.
"Today is United Nations Human Rights Day. Former Supreme Court judge Ashok Ganguly is continuing as chief of WBHRC. Sir, please don`t mock your office," Trinamool Congress MP Derek O`Brien said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'