Will do whatever I have to: AK Ganguly on resignation
Kolkata: Amidst the growing clamour for his resignation as chairman of the West Bengal Human Rights Commission, former Supreme Court judge Ashok Kumar Ganguly on Tuesday said, he will do whatever he has to.
"I will not answer any question of yours. I will do whatever I have to," an angry Ganguly, who has been indicted by a Supreme Court panel in a sexual harassment matter, told reporters who tried to talk to him when he was taking a walk.
Although he has denied the allegations all along, activists and many politicians, including West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has sought action against him after he was indicted by the panel in the case of sexual harassment of a law intern.
Banerjee has twice written to President Pranab Mukherjee asking him to take appropriate action urgently while Trinamool Congress MP Derek O`Brien asked Ganguly on Twitter to step down on World Human Rights Day today.
"Today is United Nations Human Rights Day. Former Supreme Court judge Ashok Ganguly is continuing as chief of WBHRC. Sir, please don`t mock your office," Trinamool Congress MP Derek O`Brien said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside
- Wimbledon 2016: Roger Federer aims to end Marcus Willis fairytale
- Motihari gang-rape: Doctors in Bihar continue to use two-finger test, says NCW report
- New method that can kill cancer cells in 2 hours developed!
- UEFA Euro 2016, quarterfinal: Poland vs Portugal - Preview