Will do whatever I have to: AK Ganguly on resignation
Kolkata: Amidst the growing clamour for his resignation as chairman of the West Bengal Human Rights Commission, former Supreme Court judge Ashok Kumar Ganguly on Tuesday said, he will do whatever he has to.
"I will not answer any question of yours. I will do whatever I have to," an angry Ganguly, who has been indicted by a Supreme Court panel in a sexual harassment matter, told reporters who tried to talk to him when he was taking a walk.
Although he has denied the allegations all along, activists and many politicians, including West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has sought action against him after he was indicted by the panel in the case of sexual harassment of a law intern.
Banerjee has twice written to President Pranab Mukherjee asking him to take appropriate action urgently while Trinamool Congress MP Derek O`Brien asked Ganguly on Twitter to step down on World Human Rights Day today.
"Today is United Nations Human Rights Day. Former Supreme Court judge Ashok Ganguly is continuing as chief of WBHRC. Sir, please don`t mock your office," Trinamool Congress MP Derek O`Brien said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof