Will sweep floor on Sonia’s command: Chhattisgarh Congress chief
Zee Media Bureau
Raipur: Another Congress leader has added his name to the list of ‘political sycophants’.
Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Charandas Mahant, who has been appointed as the working president of the Chhattisgarh State Congress Committee (CGPCC), has said that he is willing to sweep the floor if asked by party president Sonia Gandhi.
"If Congress president Sonia Gandhi asks me to pick up a broom and sweep state Congress office in Chhattisgarh, I would do it," Mahant said, while responding to questions whether he would be able to devote time to his new job while continuing as a Union minister of state.
Mahant said Sonia had shown faith in him by appointing him as Nandkumar Patel’s successor. Patel was killed, along with many other state Congress leaders, in a brazen Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh’s Bastar district on May 25.
Former president Giani Zail Singh had made identical remarks in 1982 when he was appointed the head of state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores