With Mamata out, Left tilts in favour of Pranab
New Delhi: The Left parties also appeared to be gravitating towards Pranab Mukherjee as the next occupant of Rashtrapati Bhavan on Friday.
Minutes after the veteran Congress leader was named as UPA’s candidate, CPM Politburo member Brinda Karat congratulated Pranab.
1. It is well known that Pranab’s appeal cuts across party lines and he has admirers within the Left – he had in fact called up former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Mukherjee to seek his support.
2. The Left would want to support Pranab just to rub it in to Mamata, who stands isolated today.
Moreover, the Left would now seek to rejuvenate itself in Bengal by taking credit for having played a part in ensuring the first Bengali president of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?