Won`t be surprised if Modi attacks Obama, Romney next: Cong
Ahmedabad: Commenting on Narendra Modi`s diatribe against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi, Gujarat Congress on Thursday said it would not be surprised if he were to target the US President Barak Obama, Republican Party`s presidential candidate Mitt Romney or Russian President Vladimir Putin.
"The way Modi is raising non-issues...And in this assembly election campaign he is criticising Soniaji and Rahul Gandhi - I will not be surprised if he starts attacking Obama, Romney and Putin," said state Congress`s Election Campaign Committee Chairman Shankarshinh Vaghela here.
"What elections we are campaigning for, is it Gujarat Assembly elections or national elections? Why is he raising non-issues by attacking the Congress chairperson?"
Gujarat Congress President Arjun Modhwadia also said that in the Assembly campaign, one must raise the issues relevant to the state.
"We have never raised non-issues. On the contrary, with the 12-point Gujarat People Development Vision 2012, we have been gradually putting across the basic issues of the people of the state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj