Yashwant Sinha asks govt to take note of Chinese General`s warning
New Delhi: BJP leader and former external affairs minister Yashwant Sinha on Friday urged the Government to take serious note of a Chinese General`s warning to India against provoking "new trouble" by increasing military deployment at the border.
"If the Chinese general has spoken, he has spoken with the full authority of the Chinese government. And this coming just before the Defence Minister of India planning to visit China is also very significant because they are sending a message," Sinha said.
Ahead of the arrival of Defence Minister AK Antony in Beijing for high-level talks yesterday, Major General Luo Yuan, Executive Vice President and Secretary General of China Strategy Culture Promotion Association had said that there was no denying that there are tensions and problems between China and India particularly at the border areas.
"Anyone who has dealt with China knows that the Chinese have this devious ways of sending messages so that the interlocutor is destabilized even before he starts talking to them. I think, this is another example of such an attempt by the Chinese side," Sinha said.
Urging the government to take it up seriously, Sinha said, "If there is no explanation forthcoming from the Chinese government, then I would even go to the extent of suggesting that the Defence Minister should cancel his trip."
While talking to foreign correspondents in Beijing, Luo had said that there was "still problem of 90,000 sq km of territory occupied by the Indian side and these are the problems left over from history and we should look at it with cool head".
Luo`s 90,000 sq km remark referred to China`s claim to Arunachal Pradesh which it calls as southern Tibet.
India asserts that the border dispute covered 4,000 km along Line Actual Control (LAC), while China states that the dispute was confined to 2,000 km that is Arunachal Pradesh.
The two sides held their last boundary talks on June 28.
Antony is the first Indian Defence Minister in seven years to visit China. He will have formal talks with his Chinese counterpart General Chang Wanquan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried