Zee News initiates nationwide tree plantation drive with security forces in Greater Noida
Zee Media Bureau
Greater Noida: Hundreds of people from different walks of life - from young schoolchildren to security forces – will be planting trees across the country under the 5th Edition of ‘My Earth My Duty Campaign’ (MEMD) undertaken by Zee Media Corporation, Nation’s largest News Network.
On-going with this initiative, Zee Media Corporation Limited is planting trees in Greater Noida today in association with the ITBP.
The mood was festive as residents of 39th BN ITB Police Gr. Noida decorated their area with buntings and other embellishments as religious songs played in the backdrop.
Speaking on this occasion, Sh. RK Tomar, Commandant 39th BN ITB Police Praised Zee News for its efforts towards the greenary and environment awareness. He congratulated Zee News for completing 05 years of “My Earth My Duty” He spoke about ITBP efforts and untiring work of ITBP regarding My Earth My duty. He told 39 BN ITBP has already planted 600 Sapling and further plans to plant 500 more trees this year on this occasion Sh. Vipin Kumar Second-in- command, Sh. Kuldeep Kumar Deputy Commandant and other Officers along with Jawans were present.
Zee Media Corporation Limited (ZMCL) has launched its 5th edition of its Campaign ‘My Earth My Duty’ (MEMD). The campaign addresses the issue of further degradation of environment, which is vital for our very existence. It is aimed at sensitizing and encouraging people to take concrete actions towards mitigating the effects of Climate Change and Environmental Degradation.
The objective of the campaign this year is to plant at least 10 Lacs saplings across the country involving citizens from all walks of life including children, women and senior citizens.
Talking on the expectation from the campaign this year, Mr. Rohit Kumar, Vice President, Marketing, ZMCL said, “This year’s campaign becomes very significant as we have scaled it up to a new level. By involving key opinion leaders, regulators, Govt bodies, families, friends, we expect the campaign to spark off a big debate about saving environment we all live in! Zee Media is confident that the campaign will have huge participation and involvement from all walks of life and will go a long way in creating a positive as well as healthy environment.”
MEMD campaign by ZMCL comes in the wake of rising concern about continuous environmental degradation and its adverse impact on entire human kind. It is a clarion call to everyone for joining hands to protect our beloved mother earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional