Zee News’ Sarjana Sharma wins Dr Sadhna Award
Delhi: Celebrating the spirit of female emancipation and women empowerment, Dr Sadhna Women Empowerment Awards were bestowed upon women achievers from every walk of life on 27th February 2011.
The glittering ceremony was graced by illustrious dignitaries, which included Mrs Mohsina Kidwai, Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha), Dr Girija Vyas, Chairperson, National Commission for Women, Mr Jai Prakash Aggarwal, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha), Acharya Dr Sadhvi Sadhna Ji Maharaj Chairperson, Dr Sadhna International Women Rights Protection Trust, S. Buta Singh, Former Union Home Minister, Dr KK Aggarwal and Shri HT Sangliana, Vice-chairman, National Commission for Minorities to name a few.
This year, the prestigious Dr Sadhna Women Empowerment Award was also presented to Smt. Sarjana Shama, Deputy Executive producer at Zee News 24, India’s premier Hindi news channel.
Some other awardees included Mrs Hima Kohli (Judge Delhi High Court); Mrs Abheeta Khanna, Director, Heart Care Foundation of India; Ms. Gauri Karan and Mrs Nainika Karan-Vadhera (Fashion Designer); Rashmi Singh, IAS; Dr. Kaberi Banerjee, Director-Precious Baby Foundation and Infertility Specialist; Mrs Neeva Konwar, Vice-President, ICSW; Smt Ratan Kaul, Vice-President, ICHR; Mrs Vasvi Bharat Ram (Chairperson FLO); Mrs Shakun Goyal, Social Worker; Mrs Madhavi Kotwal Samson, Founder Director, ABHAS; Mrs Trishla Jain, Social Worker; Dr Veena Jaju, Past President, Women’s Wing, Friends of Tribal Society; Mrs Anju Uppal, Principal, Ryan International School; Dr Monika Rastogi, Spiritual Motivator and Dr Aarti Upadhyay, English news reader at AIR.
Dr Sadhna International Women’s Rights Protection Trust was founded by Acharya Dr. Sadhvi Sadhna Ji Maharaj, the first Jain Women Acharya of the country with Ph.D. in Jain Philosophy and D. Lit. in Sahitya.
One of the objectives of the trust is to honour women of eminence for their contribution to the society in general and in women’s rights protection in particular.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information