China launches whistleblower websites
Beijing: The Chinese can now tip off the authorities on corrupt court officials through the internet.
All provincial courts have been linked to the country`s apex court`s website, designed to collect tips from people about corrupt judges and other officials in the legal system, Xinhua reported.
The whistleblowers can also see if any action is taken on their tip-offs.
"This is an important move that welcomes public supervision and battles corruption in the court system," China`s Supreme People`s Court (SPC) said in a statement Wednesday.
Following the launch of SPC website, jubao.court.gov.cn, in May 2009, all provincial courts have opened similar websites which are connected to the SPC website, the statement said.
The courts` discipline department must respond to the tips and information on these websites within 10 working days and put their response online.
The department will also supervise the provincial websites` operation through an internal computer network, the statement added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan