Facebook denies collecting users` unpublished posts, comments
Washington: Facebook is not collecting or tracking any content that people have chosen not to post, the social networking site`s spokesperson has said.
The comments from the site came after thousands of Facebook users gave a big thumbs-down to the idea that the social network may be reading their unpublished thoughts.
According to Mashbale, an online petition on Care2, a social network for healthy living, has collected more than 27,000 `signatures` from people who want Facebook to `stop stalking our unposted thoughts!`
The group is referring to posts, comments and status updates that people type out, then delete before they ever share, the report said.
The petition`s creators are reportedly acting on a recent report written by a Facebook data scientist and former company intern, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth