Facebook denies collecting users` unpublished posts, comments
Washington: Facebook is not collecting or tracking any content that people have chosen not to post, the social networking site`s spokesperson has said.
The comments from the site came after thousands of Facebook users gave a big thumbs-down to the idea that the social network may be reading their unpublished thoughts.
According to Mashbale, an online petition on Care2, a social network for healthy living, has collected more than 27,000 `signatures` from people who want Facebook to `stop stalking our unposted thoughts!`
The group is referring to posts, comments and status updates that people type out, then delete before they ever share, the report said.
The petition`s creators are reportedly acting on a recent report written by a Facebook data scientist and former company intern, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 43 civilians dead in bombardment of Syria rebel-held areas: Report
- Rain, traffic jam and kisses - This couple hogged the limelight on Delhi road: Watch
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Axe for Steven Finn, Jake Ball as hosts seek to level series
- MHA counters Delhi govt's claims on bureaucrats
- Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel engaged to supermodel Miranda Kerr