Facebook denies collecting users` unpublished posts, comments
Washington: Facebook is not collecting or tracking any content that people have chosen not to post, the social networking site`s spokesperson has said.
The comments from the site came after thousands of Facebook users gave a big thumbs-down to the idea that the social network may be reading their unpublished thoughts.
According to Mashbale, an online petition on Care2, a social network for healthy living, has collected more than 27,000 `signatures` from people who want Facebook to `stop stalking our unposted thoughts!`
The group is referring to posts, comments and status updates that people type out, then delete before they ever share, the report said.
The petition`s creators are reportedly acting on a recent report written by a Facebook data scientist and former company intern, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP