Facebook denies collecting users` unpublished posts, comments
Washington: Facebook is not collecting or tracking any content that people have chosen not to post, the social networking site`s spokesperson has said.
The comments from the site came after thousands of Facebook users gave a big thumbs-down to the idea that the social network may be reading their unpublished thoughts.
According to Mashbale, an online petition on Care2, a social network for healthy living, has collected more than 27,000 `signatures` from people who want Facebook to `stop stalking our unposted thoughts!`
The group is referring to posts, comments and status updates that people type out, then delete before they ever share, the report said.
The petition`s creators are reportedly acting on a recent report written by a Facebook data scientist and former company intern, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch