Facebook messenger app to feature Skype video chat
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook’s messenger app will soon include a Skype video chat function, according to a report.
According to a 9to5Mac report, Facebook is developing a video chat function for the ‘Facebook Messenger app’, which allows users to send mobile messages and photos to their friends and create group conversations.
The app will use Skype’s video chat technology, though it is unclear whether it will have a group video chat function, or if users will only be able to video chat with one person at a time, The Herald Sun reports.
The company is also working on a ‘Facebook Messenger app’ for the iPad, which will be a larger version of the iPhone app.
This means iPad users will no longer have to access Facebook’s “full” app in order to message their friends.
Official release dates have not been announced, but it is expected that both the video chat function, and iPad Facebook Messenger app will be released during June or July this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy