Facebook stresses posts on site can be used as ads
The change in the policy states that by having an account on the site, a user is allowing the company to use their postings and other personal data for advertising, with no exception for teenagers.
According to the New York Times, the social networking giant faced criticism over its ad policies and prompted the Federal Trade Commission to scrutinize the company`s plans.
The report said that the new changes do not bring in drastic change when it comes to privacy of teenagers, but push the users to share more data online while making that information easier to find.
Facebook`s Sponsored Stories feature involves rebroadcasting user posts praising a company`s product to their friends and advertisers find such endorsement ads very appealing because people tend to trust recommendations from friends over other types of ads.
The social networking giant has not clarified on provisions about protecting children`s information when using it in advertising and whether comments made on such sponsored stories would be further used for commercial purpose or not, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you