Facebook`s voters` numbers surpass India`s electorate
Facebook`s move to allow users cast vote to reflect their opinion on the site`s old and newly proposed privacy policies would turn the website into the largest electorate in the world.
By way of contrast, India, which is known as the democracy with the highest population, has nearly 700 million registered voters.
Members have until midnight on Thursday to vote for or against the planned changes, Sky News reports.
“We strongly encourage you to participate in the vote on our new revised documents,” Facebook executive Elliot Schrage wrote on the company`s blog.
Max Schrems, founder of the Europe Vs. Facebook website, triggered the vote by rallying members of his privacy group to post tens of thousands of comments on the site.
“If the new policy does not go through, Facebook would have to rewrite the policy and might improve something,” Schrems said.
According to Facebook`s own rules, policy revisions are put to a vote if they attract more than 7,000 comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority