Google breaks billion-visitor barrier
San Francisco: Figures released by industry tracker comScore credited Google with being the first online operation to attract more than a billion visitors in a single month.
Slightly more than a billion people went to Google websites in May in what comScore billed as an unprecedented turn-out on the Internet.
Microsoft websites were closing in on the milestone with about 900,000 "unique visitors" for the month, according to comScore.
Facebook had the third most visited Web addresses, but topped other online venues in terms of how long people lingered after they arrived. ComScore extrapolated the findings from a sampling of two million Internet users.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan