Google breaks billion-visitor barrier
San Francisco: Figures released by industry tracker comScore credited Google with being the first online operation to attract more than a billion visitors in a single month.
Slightly more than a billion people went to Google websites in May in what comScore billed as an unprecedented turn-out on the Internet.
Microsoft websites were closing in on the milestone with about 900,000 "unique visitors" for the month, according to comScore.
Facebook had the third most visited Web addresses, but topped other online venues in terms of how long people lingered after they arrived. ComScore extrapolated the findings from a sampling of two million Internet users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?