Google buys email management software provider
San Francisco: Google has acquired Sparrow, a provider of email management software for Apple`s platforms, Sparrow announced.
"Now we`re joining the Gmail team to accomplish a bigger vision -- one that we think we can better achieve with Google," said Dom Leca, chief executive officer of Sparrow, in an announcement posted on the company`s website Friday.
No financial details of the acquisition were disclosed, reported Xinhua.
Sparrow said its applications will continue to be available for the time being, but they do not plan to release new features for the Sparrow apps anytime soon, said the company in an email to its users.
Sparrow offers email client service, which is formally called mail user agent. It is a programme used to access and manage a user`s email.
The company launched its application for Apple`s OS X operating system in October 2011 and its app for Apple`s iOS mobile operating system in March, both of which have quickly gained popularity for their simple and efficient service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?