Google buys email management software provider
San Francisco: Google has acquired Sparrow, a provider of email management software for Apple`s platforms, Sparrow announced.
"Now we`re joining the Gmail team to accomplish a bigger vision -- one that we think we can better achieve with Google," said Dom Leca, chief executive officer of Sparrow, in an announcement posted on the company`s website Friday.
No financial details of the acquisition were disclosed, reported Xinhua.
Sparrow said its applications will continue to be available for the time being, but they do not plan to release new features for the Sparrow apps anytime soon, said the company in an email to its users.
Sparrow offers email client service, which is formally called mail user agent. It is a programme used to access and manage a user`s email.
The company launched its application for Apple`s OS X operating system in October 2011 and its app for Apple`s iOS mobile operating system in March, both of which have quickly gained popularity for their simple and efficient service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH