How to minimize personal risk of hacking
Wellington: People can follow some simple steps to minimize the risk of getting their personal information hacked, a New Zealand-based security has said.
According to Paul Matthews, chief executive of the Institute of IT Professionals, one should always log out from the account after checking emails, instead of just closing the browser window.
Matthews recommends that if you suspect you`ve been targeted by a hack attack go straight to your email account and log out, as this cuts access to your account.
Don`t click `remember me` or similar buttons to save your login details. It`s a bit more of hassle to log in each time you want to email, but it`s safer, he said.
According to Stuff.co.nz, Matthews advised to exercise a little suspicion when clicking on a link, particularly if it`s a link in an otherwise blank email, or the message seems generic, slightly weird and/or has spelling and grammar errors.
The report pointed out some other measures, such as: don`t enter your details into a website unless you are sure it is genuine, never visit your bank, email or other important site by clicking on a supplied link, type in the website address instead.
People are also not advised to reply to, click on any links, or contact any email addresses or phone numbers in spam emails.
If you have fallen victim to a phishing attack, change your password as soon as possible, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!