How to send `effective` emails like Steve Jobs
Washington: Long emails are a thing of the past, and certainly not worth giving a read. However, these simple tips could help in sending crisp and effective emails , which never fail to attract attention, just like Steve Jobs did.
Jobs, being the head of tech giant Apple, received too many customer mails to which he responded in extremely short messages.
Too much of background information not only makes the emails long and boring, but they actually seem superfluous to the email recipient, who would rather get to the information and request quickly and attain the knowledge later.
According to the Huffington Post, subject lines are crucial to any email and should be put to a better use by writing "Dinner on Thursday?" instead of "Hi".
The subject lines should give the recipient an idea of what the email contains and a good reason to click on it.
Co-author of Send: Why People Email So Badly and How to Do It Better, Will Schwalbe said that just because an email is short, it doesn`t mean it has to be rude.
Schwalbe said that no matter how short emails are, there is a way to inject a friendly, cheery note, adding that short doesn`t mean that it`s okay to go around barking orders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today