Most intense `edit-wars` on Wikipedia revealed
Washington: The most intense ` edit-wars` on `Wikipedia` which is the largest online encyclopaedia site have been revealed by a group of international researchers.
According to Fox News, scientists from Rutgers University and the University of Oxford analyzed millions of Wikipedia pages where editors make changes that are frequently undone by others and the most controversial topics include the United States, global warming and a list of who works for World Wrestling Entertainment.
The report said that the top ten most debated topics include George W. Bush, anarchism, the Prophet Muhammad, circumcision, Jesus, Christianity and race and intelligence.
The researchers found that the most controversial topics across all the editions of 10 separate language editions throughout 2010 included Israel, Adolf Hitler, the Holocaust, and God, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical