Most intense `edit-wars` on Wikipedia revealed
Washington: The most intense ` edit-wars` on `Wikipedia` which is the largest online encyclopaedia site have been revealed by a group of international researchers.
According to Fox News, scientists from Rutgers University and the University of Oxford analyzed millions of Wikipedia pages where editors make changes that are frequently undone by others and the most controversial topics include the United States, global warming and a list of who works for World Wrestling Entertainment.
The report said that the top ten most debated topics include George W. Bush, anarchism, the Prophet Muhammad, circumcision, Jesus, Christianity and race and intelligence.
The researchers found that the most controversial topics across all the editions of 10 separate language editions throughout 2010 included Israel, Adolf Hitler, the Holocaust, and God, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor