New initiative to tackle cyber threats launched
Davos: A new initiative on cyber security has been launched at the World Economic Forum to strengthen efforts to combat rising cyber risks.
The initiative `Partnering for Cyber Resilience` is a set of shared principles, endorsed by chief executives of firms that recognise interdependence of organisations in tackling cyber risks, according to a statement from the WEF.
Citing the importance of the initiative, India`s largest software exporter TCS CEO and MD N Chandrasekaran underlined the need for consistent processes and uniform policy framework (in the digital world) that can be implemented internationally.
The new programme would engage the corporate firms into working towards a safer digital environment.
"We need to recognize that making the world more resilient to cyber-risks is a challenge that can only be addressed collectively by policy-makers, business and civil society," Alan Marcus, senior director and head of Information Technology and Telecommunications Industries at WEF USA, said.
"Everything attached to a network can be hacked and everything is being attached to a network," Rod A Beckstrom, president and chief executive officer of the Internet Corp of
Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), said.
US consultancy major Deloitte LLP was project advisor to the programme, developed through multi-stakeholder dialogue across the globe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29