Pope blesses worshippers via Twitter
Moscow: Pope Benedict XVI will share his blessings during the 40-day Lenten season via Twitter, the head of Vatican`s social communications office, Claudio Maria Celli said Thursday.
In an interview with Vatican`s Radio, Celli said that the best themes from Pope`s speeches will be posted on his Twitter account each day during the 40-day Lent.
Pope who will deliver the tweets in English, Spanish, Italian, French and German, has already written his first post: "Let us be concerned for each other, to stir a response in love and good works."
The experiment that is aimed to attract the tech-savvy young generation to papal speeches will also continue after the Lent with the holy Pontiff`s speeches and documents to be tweeted, Celli added.
Pope praised new communications technologies last month on the World Communications Day Jan 24, saying that even "concise phrases, often no longer than a verse from the Bible," could deliver "profound thoughts."
In late June Vatican launched its official website News.va that puts online information from the Vatican`s Osservatore Romano newspaper, radio and television media outlets as part of Roman Catholic Church`s communication push.
The content of the website also includes articles and video clips on the activities of the Holy See and commentaries on the global events as seen by the Catholic Church, written in English and Italian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda