Saudi Arabia e-security centre to prevent hacking
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia has set up a national e-security centre to protect the country`s e-system from hackers, a media report said Tuesday.
Several hackers have been attacking government websites to steal data by planting undetected viruses for months, the centre`s director, Abdulrahman Al Mueeqal, was quoted as saying by the Al Sharq Al Awsat newspaper.
The centre will review the e-security system and set criteria for software to immediately stop the use of unlicensed programmes, he said.
In May, the Saudi interior ministry said that a series of government websites were exposed to coordinated hacking attacks.
Among them, the interior ministry website was hacked by hundreds of IPs from various countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!