Soon, you can enjoy Wi-Fi inside planes!
Washington: With the aviation agencies in the US allowing gadget use while take-off and landing, the next major step in changing the way people travel by air could include access to the Internet.
Founder of Runway Girl Network, a new media company focused on the aviation industry, Mary Kirby said that the next frontier in in-flight electronics is connecting those devices to the Internet.
According to a website, the US` Federal Aviation Administration ( FAA) has permitted airlines to allow passengers to keep their devices turned on from gate-to-gate, but with exception of data usage, that means use of gadgets in offline mode.
Kirby said that offline use of gadgets is what people don`t understand right now, and flight attendants aren`t checking and therefore, a lot of people are transmitting on their phone on take off when they shouldn`t be.
The founder further said that Gogo offers inflight internet via an air-to-ground network, but it needs to reconfigure its cell towers to offer WiFi below 10,000 feet, which is costly but might be incorporated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview