Tumblr users threaten exodus over Yahoo takeover news
Sydney: Hours after Yahoo announced its acquisition of Tumblr for 1.1 billion dollars, the latter`s users have started posting threats about exiting from the site.
Tumblr users describe the site where they got to be themselves with no ads, or tailored blogs to suit the interests of the users, if Yahoo acquires it, Tumblr is likely to undergo change and not remain the same ad-free site.
According to a report by News.com, the site records very little personal information and is one of the last bastions of privacy on the Internet.
In order to keep Tumblr profitable and popular, Yahoo will have to take quick steps and is eyeing more users from the key group of 18-24 years.
Tumblr has more than 107 million blogs, 50 billion postings in 12 languages and 175 employees and is listed 32 in terms of global popularity.
The reports added that the users found Tumblr as the only safe haven where they could share their thoughts in an ad free zone.
Despite selling profitable themes for its blog users, Tumblr hasn`t been able to turn the revenue tap as Facebook has. The site`s owner David Karp had no interest in putting ads on the network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools