Twitter closes accounts containing child abuse images
London: Several Twitter accounts have been closed after they were revealed to contain disturbing images of child abuse.
According to a Children charity group, NSPCC, the graphic pictures were apparently made public after hacking groups claimed to have broken into private accounts to expose their indecent content.
The charity said it received a ‘flurry’ of reports overnight relating to at least half a dozen Twitter accounts which were later disabled.
According to the Guardian, the accounts will now be probed in the US, where the micro-blogging site is based.
The charity group said that the hackers apparently opened up a number of private accounts, which were previously kept hidden from public view
It remains unclear whether any of the images were uploaded by a British user or a user based abroad, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!