Twitter closes accounts containing child abuse images
London: Several Twitter accounts have been closed after they were revealed to contain disturbing images of child abuse.
According to a Children charity group, NSPCC, the graphic pictures were apparently made public after hacking groups claimed to have broken into private accounts to expose their indecent content.
The charity said it received a ‘flurry’ of reports overnight relating to at least half a dozen Twitter accounts which were later disabled.
According to the Guardian, the accounts will now be probed in the US, where the micro-blogging site is based.
The charity group said that the hackers apparently opened up a number of private accounts, which were previously kept hidden from public view
It remains unclear whether any of the images were uploaded by a British user or a user based abroad, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside