Twitter closes accounts containing child abuse images
London: Several Twitter accounts have been closed after they were revealed to contain disturbing images of child abuse.
According to a Children charity group, NSPCC, the graphic pictures were apparently made public after hacking groups claimed to have broken into private accounts to expose their indecent content.
The charity said it received a ‘flurry’ of reports overnight relating to at least half a dozen Twitter accounts which were later disabled.
According to the Guardian, the accounts will now be probed in the US, where the micro-blogging site is based.
The charity group said that the hackers apparently opened up a number of private accounts, which were previously kept hidden from public view
It remains unclear whether any of the images were uploaded by a British user or a user based abroad, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt