11-year-old-girl raped in South district of Sikkim
Gangtok: An 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a man in south district of Sikkim, police said on Wednesday.
The girl was allegedly raped by 22-year-old Rakesh Gurung who was reportedly employed as a domestic help in her house at Palak Bermiok, South Sikkim on Monday, they said.
The girl had accompanied Gurung when he went to collect firewood in the forest. Gurung allegedly raped the girl in the forest and fled when she became unconscious.
The girl`s mother found her and rushed her to Namchi hospital.
The police arrested Gurung who was hiding in the Pabong jungle.
In another case, a 10-year-old-boy was assaulted by 29-year-old-man at Tikjek in West Sikkim district yesterday, the sources said.
The accused, Hang Bir Subba was reportedly having a dispute with another person Bal Singh Subba, at the latter’s house and the boy was standing outside. As per reports, the accused came out of the house and proceeded to attack the boy, Abhishek Subba, causing him injuries on the head and leaving him unconsciousness.
The boy has been referred to the Central Referral Hospital, Tadong.
The grandmother of the boy has registered a complaint at the Gyalshing police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site