122 nominations filed for TTAADC elections
Agartala: Altogether 122 candidates have
filed nominations for the 30-member Tripura Tribal Areas
Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) elections scheduled to be
held on May 3, official sources said on Wednesday.
State Election Commissioner Y P Singh said of the 122
candidates, 44 are independents while the rest are from nine
parties including ruling CPI-M, opposition Congress, BJP and
Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura.
Two nominations were found to be not in order during
An estimated 6,36,169 people are eligible to exercise
their franchise in 1,006 polling booths across the tribal
council area which constitute two-third of state`s territory.
Of the polling stations, the state home department has
identified 91 as hyper-sensitive and 347 as sensitive.
The state has also asked for additional 30 companies
of paramilitary forces from the Centre for smooth conduct of
For security arrangements, while state and central
paramilitary forces have been deployed in the remote, hilly
and insurgency-prone areas for area-domination operations and
flushing out the insurgents, the state home department alerted
the BSF to keep a close vigil along Bangladesh border so
that no insurgent could enter from their base camps in
neighbouring country, the sources said.
Tripura has 856 km long international border with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj