122 nominations filed for TTAADC elections
Agartala: Altogether 122 candidates have
filed nominations for the 30-member Tripura Tribal Areas
Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) elections scheduled to be
held on May 3, official sources said on Wednesday.
State Election Commissioner Y P Singh said of the 122
candidates, 44 are independents while the rest are from nine
parties including ruling CPI-M, opposition Congress, BJP and
Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura.
Two nominations were found to be not in order during
An estimated 6,36,169 people are eligible to exercise
their franchise in 1,006 polling booths across the tribal
council area which constitute two-third of state`s territory.
Of the polling stations, the state home department has
identified 91 as hyper-sensitive and 347 as sensitive.
The state has also asked for additional 30 companies
of paramilitary forces from the Centre for smooth conduct of
For security arrangements, while state and central
paramilitary forces have been deployed in the remote, hilly
and insurgency-prone areas for area-domination operations and
flushing out the insurgents, the state home department alerted
the BSF to keep a close vigil along Bangladesh border so
that no insurgent could enter from their base camps in
neighbouring country, the sources said.
Tripura has 856 km long international border with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre