122 nominations filed for TTAADC elections
Agartala: Altogether 122 candidates have
filed nominations for the 30-member Tripura Tribal Areas
Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) elections scheduled to be
held on May 3, official sources said on Wednesday.
State Election Commissioner Y P Singh said of the 122
candidates, 44 are independents while the rest are from nine
parties including ruling CPI-M, opposition Congress, BJP and
Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura.
Two nominations were found to be not in order during
An estimated 6,36,169 people are eligible to exercise
their franchise in 1,006 polling booths across the tribal
council area which constitute two-third of state`s territory.
Of the polling stations, the state home department has
identified 91 as hyper-sensitive and 347 as sensitive.
The state has also asked for additional 30 companies
of paramilitary forces from the Centre for smooth conduct of
For security arrangements, while state and central
paramilitary forces have been deployed in the remote, hilly
and insurgency-prone areas for area-domination operations and
flushing out the insurgents, the state home department alerted
the BSF to keep a close vigil along Bangladesh border so
that no insurgent could enter from their base camps in
neighbouring country, the sources said.
Tripura has 856 km long international border with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune