AGP demands CM Gogoi’s resignation
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad on Sunday demanded resignation of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi for making frequent foreign tours costing the state exchequer.
"The chief minister may justify saying that he visited the nations to get first hand information about the latest technology but he has wasting public money" AGP President Chandra Mohan Patowary told a press conference here.
"The chief minister has become an autocrat in his third term of office and thus we demand his resignation and a special session of the assembly", he said.
Even the land deal with Bangladesh was a failure and the deal with the ULFA leaders had not been successful.
The AGP has chalked up a programme to protest against the swap land deal with Banglasdesh in every district headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!