AGP demands CM Gogoi’s resignation
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad on Sunday demanded resignation of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi for making frequent foreign tours costing the state exchequer.
"The chief minister may justify saying that he visited the nations to get first hand information about the latest technology but he has wasting public money" AGP President Chandra Mohan Patowary told a press conference here.
"The chief minister has become an autocrat in his third term of office and thus we demand his resignation and a special session of the assembly", he said.
Even the land deal with Bangladesh was a failure and the deal with the ULFA leaders had not been successful.
The AGP has chalked up a programme to protest against the swap land deal with Banglasdesh in every district headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'