Arunachal girl selected for National Bravery Award
Itanagar: Arunachalee girl Ipi Basar has
been selected as one of the awardees at the National Bravery
Award which will be presented by the Prime Minister in New
Delhi during January next year.
Ipi will also participate in the Republic Day Parade
2011, official sources informed today.
Ipi risked her own life to save the lives of two
others in the September 2009 inferno at Nyigam village in West
She had saved the life of a 70-year-old completely
paralysed Yompu Basar, her next door neighbour and mother of
Jumnya Basar, a teacher.
She lost no time, jumped into fire and saved the
septuagenarian and 4-year-old Pompi Basar, who refused to
leave her loving granny to die inside the burning house.
Ipi forcefully picked up Pompi first and despite
getting her hand burnt entered the house again to rescue the
immobile old lady who by then had sustained burn injuries on
Her courage and determination helped her to pick up
the heavily-weighed woman.
All showered praises on Ipi, daughter of ASM Toi
Basar, for saving the duo`s life.
For her brave act, the state government and Arunachal
Press Club (APC) have already felicitated Ipi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31