Arunachal Governor meets Antony
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh met Defence Minister AK Antony in New Delhi and held discussion on various issues related to the state, including road communication and early setting up of the National Institute of Mountaineering & Allied Sports (NIMAS) at Dirang in West Kameng district.
Official sources said here that the Governor, on an official tour to the national capital, also called on Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad.
During the meeting, they had talks on health-related issues of the frontier state, the sources said.
At the request of the Governor, the union minister assured to send teams from his ministry to check problems like oral cancer, diabetes, breast cancer amongst women and other health problems.
The Minister informed he is planning to visit the state in January-February to have a first-hand knowledge of its health issues, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown