Arunachal Governor meets Antony
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh met Defence Minister AK Antony in New Delhi and held discussion on various issues related to the state, including road communication and early setting up of the National Institute of Mountaineering & Allied Sports (NIMAS) at Dirang in West Kameng district.
Official sources said here that the Governor, on an official tour to the national capital, also called on Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad.
During the meeting, they had talks on health-related issues of the frontier state, the sources said.
At the request of the Governor, the union minister assured to send teams from his ministry to check problems like oral cancer, diabetes, breast cancer amongst women and other health problems.
The Minister informed he is planning to visit the state in January-February to have a first-hand knowledge of its health issues, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city