Arunachal Governor meets Antony
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh met Defence Minister AK Antony in New Delhi and held discussion on various issues related to the state, including road communication and early setting up of the National Institute of Mountaineering & Allied Sports (NIMAS) at Dirang in West Kameng district.
Official sources said here that the Governor, on an official tour to the national capital, also called on Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad.
During the meeting, they had talks on health-related issues of the frontier state, the sources said.
At the request of the Governor, the union minister assured to send teams from his ministry to check problems like oral cancer, diabetes, breast cancer amongst women and other health problems.
The Minister informed he is planning to visit the state in January-February to have a first-hand knowledge of its health issues, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!