Arunachal Guv asks for security core group meeting
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) JJ Singh has asked Chief Minister Nabam Tuki to convene a meeting of the core group on security and take steps to formally adopt a surrender policy to help disgruntled youths to return to the mainstream.
A meeting was held between the Governor and the CM at the Raj Bhavan on Saturday as part of regular interaction to update the former on various developmental initiatives, including projects under PM’s package and law & order situation in the state, official sources said.
During the one hour long meeting, several key issues such as greenfield airport, Miao-Vijaynagar road, setting up of additional NCC units and a sainik school in the state were discussed.
Tuki also briefed the governor on steps being taken by the state government to improve the law and order scenario with particular reference to insurgent activities in Tirap, Changlang and Longding districts.
Singh complimented the CM for undertaking extensive tours to far-flung areas of the state saying it showed his personal commitment to the development of those areas, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir