Arunachal Pradesh CM selected for award
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has been selected for a Lifetime Achievement Award by the International Association of Educators for World Peace.
IAEWP is a non-governmental organization affiliated to the United Nations and engaged in the promotion of world peace.
It has selected Tuki for the prestigious award on recommendations of its Search Committee.
The award will be conferred on him during a ceremony at India International Center, New Delhi on December 30 next, official sources said here today.
Besides the individual award, he would also receive the Green State of the Year Award on behalf of the state government for maintaining greenery in the state.
The Chief Minister has dedicated the award to the people, particularly those in the interior and rural places, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends