Arunachal Pradesh to upgrade police stations
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh has sanctioned
Rupees 80 crore for opening new police stations and upgrading
the existing ones in insurgency-hit Tirap and Changlang
districts of the state.
Home Minister Takar Marde who is on an extensive tour
of Tirap district since July 26, along with top police and
administrative officers, announced this during meetings at
several areas of the district, official sources said here.
"The state government is alive to the plethora of
problems faced by the two districts and working out modalities
to solve them," sources said quoting Marde.
He urged the deputy commissioner and the public
leaders to make sufficient land available to implement the
central package of establishing security infrastructure at the
Marde announced that a mass police recruitment drive
for the youths of Tirap and Changlang in various categories
will be held in the month of September this year and asked the
youths, including the girls to take full advantage of the
He urged the youths who chose the wrong path by
joining various insurgency groups to participate in the police
The Minister in his public address said that the main
purpose of his visit to Tirap was to acquaint himself with the
ground realities vis-?-vis insurgency-related problems and
said that all the ministers should visit the interior places
to have a better grasp of the prevailing situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'