Arunachal Pradesh to upgrade police stations
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh has sanctioned
Rupees 80 crore for opening new police stations and upgrading
the existing ones in insurgency-hit Tirap and Changlang
districts of the state.
Home Minister Takar Marde who is on an extensive tour
of Tirap district since July 26, along with top police and
administrative officers, announced this during meetings at
several areas of the district, official sources said here.
"The state government is alive to the plethora of
problems faced by the two districts and working out modalities
to solve them," sources said quoting Marde.
He urged the deputy commissioner and the public
leaders to make sufficient land available to implement the
central package of establishing security infrastructure at the
Marde announced that a mass police recruitment drive
for the youths of Tirap and Changlang in various categories
will be held in the month of September this year and asked the
youths, including the girls to take full advantage of the
He urged the youths who chose the wrong path by
joining various insurgency groups to participate in the police
The Minister in his public address said that the main
purpose of his visit to Tirap was to acquaint himself with the
ground realities vis-?-vis insurgency-related problems and
said that all the ministers should visit the interior places
to have a better grasp of the prevailing situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH