Assam CM confident of returning to power for third term
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Gogoi on Tuesday claimed that Congress would score a hattrick and
return to power for the third consecutive term in the 2011
"The Congress will definitely form the government
under my leadership for the third consecutive term in 2011,"
Gogoi said at the sidelines of a meeting of Assam Cooperative
Apex Bank Limited here.
He alleged that former chief minister Prafulla Kumar
Mahanta indulged in divisive politics and was responsible for
the birth of the Bodo movement.
"Mahanta had sowed the seeds of discontent among the
ethnic communities of the state. But our stand on the issue is
very clear that there will be no further division of the
state," he said.
Gogoi said he would not initiate any action against any
minister on the basis of allegations made by Mahanta.
Asom Gana Parishad has demanded that Gogoi drop three
ministers belonging to Bodo Peoples Forum (BPF), which raised
the demand of a separate Bodo state.
The three are Agriculture Minister Pramila Rani Brahma,
Transport Minister Chandan Brahma and public health and
engineering minister Rihon Daimary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi