Assam CM confident of returning to power for third term
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Gogoi on Tuesday claimed that Congress would score a hattrick and
return to power for the third consecutive term in the 2011
"The Congress will definitely form the government
under my leadership for the third consecutive term in 2011,"
Gogoi said at the sidelines of a meeting of Assam Cooperative
Apex Bank Limited here.
He alleged that former chief minister Prafulla Kumar
Mahanta indulged in divisive politics and was responsible for
the birth of the Bodo movement.
"Mahanta had sowed the seeds of discontent among the
ethnic communities of the state. But our stand on the issue is
very clear that there will be no further division of the
state," he said.
Gogoi said he would not initiate any action against any
minister on the basis of allegations made by Mahanta.
Asom Gana Parishad has demanded that Gogoi drop three
ministers belonging to Bodo Peoples Forum (BPF), which raised
the demand of a separate Bodo state.
The three are Agriculture Minister Pramila Rani Brahma,
Transport Minister Chandan Brahma and public health and
engineering minister Rihon Daimary.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?