Assam MLAs take oath
Guwahati: Newly elected Assam Assembly members led by Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday formally took oath at the beginning of the thirteenth session.
Led by Gogoi, all the 126 MLAs took oath of office and secrecy which was administered by pro-tem Speaker Dr Bhumidhar Barman.
Among the prominent members who took oath were senior ministers Prithvi Majhi, Dr Ardhendu Kumar Dey, Gautam Roy, Himanta Biswa Sarma, Pradyut Bordoloi and Rockybul Hussain.
Others who took oath were all the 18 members of the minority dominated All India United Democratic Front (AUIDF), 12 of Bodoland Peoples Front (BPF) and ten belonging to the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
Five MLAs of the BJP and the lone All India Trinamool Congress member also took oath.
The party wise strength in the state Assembly is as follows: Congress-78, AUIDF-18, BPF-12, AGP-10, BJP-5, TMC-1 and Independent-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH