Assam MLAs take oath
Guwahati: Newly elected Assam Assembly members led by Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday formally took oath at the beginning of the thirteenth session.
Led by Gogoi, all the 126 MLAs took oath of office and secrecy which was administered by pro-tem Speaker Dr Bhumidhar Barman.
Among the prominent members who took oath were senior ministers Prithvi Majhi, Dr Ardhendu Kumar Dey, Gautam Roy, Himanta Biswa Sarma, Pradyut Bordoloi and Rockybul Hussain.
Others who took oath were all the 18 members of the minority dominated All India United Democratic Front (AUIDF), 12 of Bodoland Peoples Front (BPF) and ten belonging to the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
Five MLAs of the BJP and the lone All India Trinamool Congress member also took oath.
The party wise strength in the state Assembly is as follows: Congress-78, AUIDF-18, BPF-12, AGP-10, BJP-5, TMC-1 and Independent-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog