Assam MLAs take oath
Guwahati: Newly elected Assam Assembly members led by Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday formally took oath at the beginning of the thirteenth session.
Led by Gogoi, all the 126 MLAs took oath of office and secrecy which was administered by pro-tem Speaker Dr Bhumidhar Barman.
Among the prominent members who took oath were senior ministers Prithvi Majhi, Dr Ardhendu Kumar Dey, Gautam Roy, Himanta Biswa Sarma, Pradyut Bordoloi and Rockybul Hussain.
Others who took oath were all the 18 members of the minority dominated All India United Democratic Front (AUIDF), 12 of Bodoland Peoples Front (BPF) and ten belonging to the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
Five MLAs of the BJP and the lone All India Trinamool Congress member also took oath.
The party wise strength in the state Assembly is as follows: Congress-78, AUIDF-18, BPF-12, AGP-10, BJP-5, TMC-1 and Independent-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley
- Afghan govt seeks extension for refugees to stay in Pakistan
- Asus Zenfone 3 series to be launched in India today