Assam MLAs take oath
Guwahati: Newly elected Assam Assembly members led by Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday formally took oath at the beginning of the thirteenth session.
Led by Gogoi, all the 126 MLAs took oath of office and secrecy which was administered by pro-tem Speaker Dr Bhumidhar Barman.
Among the prominent members who took oath were senior ministers Prithvi Majhi, Dr Ardhendu Kumar Dey, Gautam Roy, Himanta Biswa Sarma, Pradyut Bordoloi and Rockybul Hussain.
Others who took oath were all the 18 members of the minority dominated All India United Democratic Front (AUIDF), 12 of Bodoland Peoples Front (BPF) and ten belonging to the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
Five MLAs of the BJP and the lone All India Trinamool Congress member also took oath.
The party wise strength in the state Assembly is as follows: Congress-78, AUIDF-18, BPF-12, AGP-10, BJP-5, TMC-1 and Independent-2.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?