Bodo bodies for peace talks with NDFB
Kokrajhar: A common platform – Bodoland National Conference (BNC) - was formed on Friday in Assam by 41 Bodo organisations to exert pressure on the Centre to hold talks with the NDFB for peace in the Bodoland area.
The BNC was formed on the concluding day of the two-day `Bodo National Convention` at Kokrajhar with the Bodoland Territorial Administration Districts (BTAD) Chairman Hagrama Mohilary as its chief.
The BNC was formed primarily to ensure peace and unity in the Bodoland areas and convince the ethnic separatist NDFB anti-talk faction Chairman Ranjan Daimary to come for peace parleys.
Comprising members from 41 local organisations in the BTAD, the new platform would have four convenors, including Mohilary.
The other convenors are BTAD Deputy Chief Kampa Borgiary, NDFB pro-talk faction Secretary B Shankar alias Gobinda Basumatary and Anjali Daimary, Chairperson of Bodo Women`s Justice Forum and sister of Ranjan Daimary.
The NDFB pro-talk faction at the convention on Thursday proposed a separate state of Bodoland along with a map comprising nine districts - from Sonkosh to Sadiya, including
the four BTAD districts of Kokrajhar, Baksa, Chirang and Udalguri, besides most areas of the north Assam districts of Sonitpur, Lahimpur, Dhemaji, Tinsukia and Karbi Anglong.
The issue of the map was, however, not discussed at the convention attended by thousands of representatives from 41 Bodo organisations.
The national convention was organised to initiate a united movement and chalk out approach for creation of a separate Bodoland, ensure peace in the BTAD area and bring the NDFB and government together for peace talks.
The convention also deliberated on `conflict among the Bodos and their remedies`, `political issues of the Bodos`, `means for achievement of separate state`, `ST (Hill) status
for the Bodos living in Karbi Anglong and NC Hills` and `educational problems and economic problems` faced by the Bodos.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani