Body of kidnapped Nepali pilgrim found
Tezpur: The body of a person suspected to
be of a member of a group of 6 Nepali pilgrims kidnapped by
the banned NDFB was recovered Saturday in north Assam`s Sonitpur
Police sources said a surrendered NDFB militant led
the police to Santipur in Dhekiajuli from where the body was
The militant identified the body as that of one of the
pilgrims who had come from Nepal on pilgrimage to the Kamakhya
temple in Guwahati during the Durga Puja festival in October,
the sources said.
The 6 had come from Nepal via Siliguri to Tezpur on
September 28 when they went missing and were suspected to have
been kidnapped by the NDFB.
The family members of the 6 persons in Nepal would
be informed about the body recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand