BSF-BGB meet next week
Shillong: BSF personnel will seek more
cooperation from their Bangladeshi counterparts in tackling
terrorism, infiltration, border crimes and other related
issues when officials of the two forces meet next week.
A BSF official said, "Cooperation in tackling
terrorism, infiltration and cross border crimes will be taken
up formally. We will also discuss common interests which is
part of confidence building measures. The thrust will be on
movement of insurgent groups and smuggling."
However, he said, "Finalisation of agendas for the
meeting will revolve around these issues."
The DDG-level meet will have BSF IGs from Tripura,
Silchar, Guwahati and Shillong frontier led by IG
(Headquarter) S K Mishra while the Deputy Director General of
Border Guards Bangladesh Brig General Abu Sayeed Khan will
lead his team for the meeting scheduled from December 12-15
Meghalaya, Assam, Tripura and Mizoram have a 1,880 km
border with Bangladesh most of which are yet to be fenced.
"Other issues likely to be in the agenda of the meet are
the handing over of militants from northeast states and
convicted Indians taking shelter in that country," the
"We (BSF) have seized a lot of Phensidyl and a large
quantity of cattle heads while being smuggled to Bangladesh
through the India-Bangladesh border," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?