BSF, BGB to inspect for single row fencing
Agartala: A joint inspection involving BSF and Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) will be done in some specific patches of Indo-Bangla border in Tripura for early completion of single row fencing work, a BSF official said here Saturday.
There are 21 patches in the western border of the state where single-row fencing will be erected instead of composite fencing because of strong opposition from the local people.
However, the BSF needs green signal from the BGB to undertake the single-row fencing as these areas are close to the international border, the official said.
"The first joint inspection is scheduled to be held at West Tripura’s Sidhai area on September 18 and the next inspection is expected to take place in the second week of next month," he said.
The sources said, though fencing work has made good progress in the western frontier of the international border, as many as 61 patches have been left out because these areas are very close to the border.
As per the Indira-Mujib agreement, no permanent structure can be constructed in between Zero-line to 150 yards.
Of the sanctioned areas for erection of barbed fencing areas (870km) in Tripura frontier, 80 per cent work (688km) has so far been completed.
The BSF wants construction agencies to complete the work by March 2013, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi participates in SCO annual meet in Tashkent
- Pink auto introduced in Ghaziabad specifically for women
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Airlines are not 'demons': Civil Aviation Minister
- Not in the best of form, Roger Federer reaches crossroads at Wimbledon
- Lodha panel's recommendations could take cricket 20 years back, feels Anurag Thakur
- Future of cinema is internet movies, says Kangana Ranaut
- Campus violence: AMU expels 11 students, suspends 17 others