CBI inquiry sought in shifting of airport in Arunachal
Itanagar: The People`s Party of Arunachal Pradesh (PPA) has demanded a CBI inquiry into the state government`s proposal to shift the Greenfield airport site from Banderdewa to Halonji.
Lambasting the Congress leadership in power for "abrupt" shifting of the Greenfield airport site, the PPA has demanded a CBI enquiry into the whole episode to reveal all the "black sheep involved in the mess."
"Had the project site not been shifted for getting huge land compensation deal, the all important multi-crore projects would have started by now," party`s chief ministerial candidate Laeta Umbrey said in a statement here today.
Supporting the voices of the Banderdewa Circle Intellectual Forum (BCIF), Umbrey urged the government not to make mockery of the development projects of Banderdewa circle.
Taking a dig at Congress Party, Umbrey stated that "administration and governance today is done by Supreme Court and High Courts and not by the elected government".
"When the High Court has directed the government to maintain status quo on the issue of Greenfield airport, the chief minister of the state has no moral and legal authority to push the subject further," Umbrey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range