Centre assures help for Arunachal`s education sector
Itanagar: Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor has assured the Centre`s full support to Arunachal Pradesh for all round development of its education sector, official sources said here on Wednesday.
Tharoor gave this assurance when state Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, along with Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs Ninong Ering and Education Minister Bosiram Siram called on him in New Delhi yesterday and apprised him of the various problems faced by the education department.
During the meeting Siram cited various problems and obstacles faced by the department sector like communication bottleneck, socio-cultural norms and practices, gender parity, poor attendance by teachers and students due to lack of infrastructure facility and shortage of funds in making schools of the state RTE compliance, the sources said.
Siram urged for consideration of liberal funding and extension of time for one more year after March 2013 to make the schools RTE compliant.
The state minister also requested for increasing funds for construction of polytechnics in the state from Rs 800 lakh to at least Rs 1500 lakh, besides continuation of state joint entrance examination and allotment of engineering and medical seat from special pool.
He also sought strengthening the National Institute of Technology in the state and protection, promotion and development of endangered languages of Arunachal Pradesh, the sources said.
Siram also requested Indira Gandhi National Open University authority for relaxation for teachers for obtaining professional degree as obtaining it before 2015 by those appointed after 2010 has become mandatory.
About 40 per cent of teachers appointed after 2010 have less than 45 per cent marks, the lowest required by IGNOU, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir