Coal labourer shot dead by GNLA
Shillong: A coal labourer was shot dead by
armed cadres of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) at a
remote labour camp in Rajaju village in Meghalaya`s West Khasi
Hills district, police said on Friday.
The victim, Deep Rai, succumbed to injuries on the spot
late Thursday night and subsequent to the attack, most of the
labourers fled from the camp in panic, they said.
According to the police, primary information received
indicates involvement of suspected GNLA cadres.
They said the camp is located at a remote place and
communication with the police team was difficult.
Police said they are enquiring if the coal quarry owner
is subjected to any extortion demand by the outfit.
The GNLA is active in all three Garo Hills district and
are currently expanding their base to coal belts in west Khasi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation