Easter celebrated in Mizoram
Aizawl: Easter Sunday, the resurrection of Jesus Christ after his crucifixion to redeem the world, was celebrated all over the Chritian-dominated Mizoram on Sunday with religious solemnity and gaiety by different church denominations.
Band parties of the different corps (local churches) of the Salvation Army today woke the Aizawl populace by playing `He`s arisen` and delivering sermons in almost all the street corners early this morning while youth members of the Presbyterian Church organised sunrise service in their respective local churches.
The Presbyterian Church, the Baptist Church and the United Pentecostal Church also held praise and worship programme throughout the day and many local churches organised community feasts to celebrate the resurrection of Christ.
The Catholic Church organised mass in different cathedrals and community feasts in the local churches as many Catholics, who fasted to signify the sufferings of Christ before and during the crucifixion broke the fast from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred