Ex-servicemen could invest retirement benefits for self-employment
Shillong: Ex-servicemen who retired
between the ages of 35 and 40 could invest their retirement
benefits and take loans from banks for self-employment,
Meghalaya Governor R S Mooshahary said today.
Addressing the Meghalaya State Ex-Servicemen Rally at
the 58-Gorkha Training Centre here, Mooshahary said by doing
so, ex-Servicemen would ensure re-employment for themselves
and employment for others.
Mooshahary said that he was aware of the sacrifices
made by ex-servicemen and urged the government to look into
the proposals on their resettlement in security related jobs
in the government.
"Since a large number of ex-servicemen retire every
year and being a disciplined, trained and experienced human
resource, they should be utilized by the state."
Chief Minister D D Lapang assured the ex-Servicemen of
the government’s commitment to proposals put forward by the Ex
Servicemen Directorate especially on construction of Sainik
Rest Houses at Shillong and Tura, as well as opening up job
opportunities for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days