Five insurgents arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Five insurgents have been arrested and small arms seized from their possessions during search operations by security and police personnel at different places in Manipur, the police said on Saturday.
Following specific information, the police commandos launched a massive search operations at the border town of Moreh in Chandel district yesterday, sources said adding that two members of banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) were arrested.
(19), adding that one Myanmar-made bike and a 9 mm pistol along with some ammunitions were seized from their possession.
Investigation was whether the two had infiltrated from Myanmar side some days ago, sources said adding that an insurgent of Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) identified as Y Shyamchand (31) was arrested during frisking of passers-by from Yairipok area in Thoubal district yesterday.
On the same day yesterday, a combined team of Thoubal police commandos and personnel of 27th Assam Rifles battalion arrested during search operation another KYKL man identified as Abdul Rasid (26) from Tangjeng Khunou area in the district, sources said.
One 9 mm pistol, cash of Rs 50,310 and some rounds of ammunitions were seized from Abdul Rasid, sources said.
In yet another search operation yesterday, the same team also arrested an insurgent of People`s Liberation Army (PLA) identified as Md Amin Khan (21) from Sekmaijin area in Thoubal district, adding that one 9 mm pistol and some rounds of ammunitions were seized from him.
All the arrested persons have been handed over to Imphal west district police station for further investigation, sources said adding that more than 200 insurgents have so far been arrested during various search operations in Manipur this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city