Five wounded in grenade attacks in Assam
Guwahati: At least five people were wounded after suspected militants lobbed two grenades in Assam`s Lakhimpur town Tuesday night, police said.
Police said the militants lobbed three grenades at Jail Road, Court Road and Chouldhuwa area of the town within half an hour. "While the grenades at Jail Road and Court Road exploded, the one at Chouldhuwa did not and was recovered," police said.
The wounded have been admitted to hospital and their condition is stable. A hunt is on to nab the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan