Five wounded in grenade attacks in Assam
Guwahati: At least five people were wounded after suspected militants lobbed two grenades in Assam`s Lakhimpur town Tuesday night, police said.
Police said the militants lobbed three grenades at Jail Road, Court Road and Chouldhuwa area of the town within half an hour. "While the grenades at Jail Road and Court Road exploded, the one at Chouldhuwa did not and was recovered," police said.
The wounded have been admitted to hospital and their condition is stable. A hunt is on to nab the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE