Five wounded in grenade attacks in Assam
Guwahati: At least five people were wounded after suspected militants lobbed two grenades in Assam`s Lakhimpur town Tuesday night, police said.
Police said the militants lobbed three grenades at Jail Road, Court Road and Chouldhuwa area of the town within half an hour. "While the grenades at Jail Road and Court Road exploded, the one at Chouldhuwa did not and was recovered," police said.
The wounded have been admitted to hospital and their condition is stable. A hunt is on to nab the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city