Five wounded in grenade attacks in Assam
Guwahati: At least five people were wounded after suspected militants lobbed two grenades in Assam`s Lakhimpur town Tuesday night, police said.
Police said the militants lobbed three grenades at Jail Road, Court Road and Chouldhuwa area of the town within half an hour. "While the grenades at Jail Road and Court Road exploded, the one at Chouldhuwa did not and was recovered," police said.
The wounded have been admitted to hospital and their condition is stable. A hunt is on to nab the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees