Five wounded in grenade attacks in Assam
Guwahati: At least five people were wounded after suspected militants lobbed two grenades in Assam`s Lakhimpur town Tuesday night, police said.
Police said the militants lobbed three grenades at Jail Road, Court Road and Chouldhuwa area of the town within half an hour. "While the grenades at Jail Road and Court Road exploded, the one at Chouldhuwa did not and was recovered," police said.
The wounded have been admitted to hospital and their condition is stable. A hunt is on to nab the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat