Freedom fighter hacked to death in Assam
Jorhat: A 75-year old freedom fighter was
slaughtered, allegedly by his cousin, in upper Assam`s Jorhat
district on Saturday, police sources said.
Dino Dutta was mutilated with a sharp weapon by his
cousin identified as Ananta Dutta (38) when he was reading a
newspaper at his residence at Teok Dakhin Duliagoan, under
Teok police station area, the sources said.
The victim was alone and the motive behind the killing
was not yet clear.
Ananta later surrendered at Teok police station.
Jorhat district Superintendent of Police Sunjukta
Parasor rushed to the spot and investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed