Goods train derails in Guwahati
Guwahati: Twenty stone-laden wagons of a
goods train derailed Wednesday at Lakwa in upper Assam`s Sibsagar district, disrupting train movement on the Tinsukia- Namrup-Simaluguri route.
Northeast Frontier Railway Spokesman said the goods
train jumped the tracks and the 20 wagons rolled down at Lakwa
station around 4.45 am. There was no report of any injury or
The derailed wagons blocked the main railway line
causing the Delhi-Dibrugarh 4056 up Brahmaputra Mail and local
5603 up Inter City Express to be diverted through Moranhat in
Running of trains was suspended between
Tinsukia-Namrup-Simaluguri, he said, adding, restoration work
was on for repairing the tracks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred