Goods train derails in Guwahati
Guwahati: Twenty stone-laden wagons of a
goods train derailed Wednesday at Lakwa in upper Assam`s Sibsagar district, disrupting train movement on the Tinsukia- Namrup-Simaluguri route.
Northeast Frontier Railway Spokesman said the goods
train jumped the tracks and the 20 wagons rolled down at Lakwa
station around 4.45 am. There was no report of any injury or
The derailed wagons blocked the main railway line
causing the Delhi-Dibrugarh 4056 up Brahmaputra Mail and local
5603 up Inter City Express to be diverted through Moranhat in
Running of trains was suspended between
Tinsukia-Namrup-Simaluguri, he said, adding, restoration work
was on for repairing the tracks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory