Goods train derails in Guwahati
Guwahati: Twenty stone-laden wagons of a
goods train derailed Wednesday at Lakwa in upper Assam`s Sibsagar district, disrupting train movement on the Tinsukia- Namrup-Simaluguri route.
Northeast Frontier Railway Spokesman said the goods
train jumped the tracks and the 20 wagons rolled down at Lakwa
station around 4.45 am. There was no report of any injury or
The derailed wagons blocked the main railway line
causing the Delhi-Dibrugarh 4056 up Brahmaputra Mail and local
5603 up Inter City Express to be diverted through Moranhat in
Running of trains was suspended between
Tinsukia-Namrup-Simaluguri, he said, adding, restoration work
was on for repairing the tracks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'