Human rights group urges early creation of PAC in NE
Itanagar: A human rights group from
insurgency-hit Tirap and Changlang districts of Arunachal Pradesh has urged the state government to expedite the
process for early creation of Patkai Autonomous Council (PAC)
for all-round development of these backward districts
Tirap-Changlang Human Rights Organization (TCHRO)
today appealed to the elected representatives of the two
districts to pursue the demand for PAC besides initiating
immediate steps to bring back peace and normalcy in the
districts which of late witnessed intermittent gun battles
between both the factions of NSCN for area dominance.
“The decision for creation of PAC comprising both
the districts has already been passed by the State
Legislative Assembly long back and it was the responsibility
of the leaders of the districts and the government to pursue
with the Centre but very little effort was being made in this
regard till now,” TCHRO president K Longphi said in a press
He said that the elected legislators of the two
districts were not doing enough for the development of these
Instead of being mute spectators they should
initiate immediate steps to materialize the long pending
demand of people of the areas?, he added.
Claiming that the job opportunities in various
government departments for the youths of Tirap and Changlang
were very limited due to the lack of development activities
in the districts, Longphi urged the government to provide
separate job quota to the youths.
Though these two districts are the richest in the
State from where the State government draws out maximum
revenue benefits, yet in terms of developmental activities
both are lagging behind,? TCHRO general secretary T Aboh
He questioned as to why Tirap and Changlang were
being neglected despite the fact that both the districts are
part and parcel of the State while urging that the local
leaders should not undermine the people of the area but
pursue overall development of the areas with the government.
Aboh pointed out that the implementation of various
centrally-sponsored schemes has been very negligible in the
area as the government officials take undue advantage of the
insurgency problem prevailing in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what