IED explosion in Manipur capital Imphal ahead of Republic Day parade
Zee Media Bureau
Imphal: As the Republic Day revelry was just about to begin in the capital, an Integrated Explosive Device (IED) exploded, highlighting the threat posed by the militants.
The blast took place at 8 am, near the office of Deputy Commissioner just minutes before the parade began in the capital Imphal.
The area where the explosion took place is also near the official residence of Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh.
The explosion came ahead of a boycott call issued earlier by the militant outifits who wanted to disrupt R-day celebrations, said reports.
No one has been injured in the blast.
The blast came despite tough security measures in place in capital.
Security forces have been deployed at all vantage points and police have undertaken intensive frisking of passers-by to detect movement of militants who have reportedly infiltrated the state capital complex to disrupt the event.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam