IED explosion in Manipur capital Imphal ahead of Republic Day parade
Zee Media Bureau
Imphal: As the Republic Day revelry was just about to begin in the capital, an Integrated Explosive Device (IED) exploded, highlighting the threat posed by the militants.
The blast took place at 8 am, near the office of Deputy Commissioner just minutes before the parade began in the capital Imphal.
The area where the explosion took place is also near the official residence of Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh.
The explosion came ahead of a boycott call issued earlier by the militant outifits who wanted to disrupt R-day celebrations, said reports.
No one has been injured in the blast.
The blast came despite tough security measures in place in capital.
Security forces have been deployed at all vantage points and police have undertaken intensive frisking of passers-by to detect movement of militants who have reportedly infiltrated the state capital complex to disrupt the event.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur