Illicit drugs seized from Imphal airport
Imphal: Personnel of Manipur`s anti-narcotics smuggling department have seized illicit drugs worth about Rs eight lakh from a youth at the Imphal airport here.
Officer-in-charge of Manipur Narcotics and Affairs of the Border (NAB) R K Bikramjit Singh said the personnel seized 1,03,500 tablets from a youth at Imphal`s Tulihal airport on Sunday, the day an Army colonel and five others were arrested for carrying illicit drugs.
The tablets were marked with PETAS-TR which is said to indicate high contents of Pseudoephedrine. They were found inside three boxes of different sizes.
The youth was identified as Rajkumar Rai hailing from Tulasipur in Bihar.
Singh said that the boxes were addressed to "Mr R Kumar, Thangal Bazar, Imphal", but there was no address of the sender.
The youth was later arrested for further investigation, he said.
Singh said the drugs would be worth about Rs eight lakh in the market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray