Illicit drugs seized from Imphal airport
Imphal: Personnel of Manipur`s anti-narcotics smuggling department have seized illicit drugs worth about Rs eight lakh from a youth at the Imphal airport here.
Officer-in-charge of Manipur Narcotics and Affairs of the Border (NAB) R K Bikramjit Singh said the personnel seized 1,03,500 tablets from a youth at Imphal`s Tulihal airport on Sunday, the day an Army colonel and five others were arrested for carrying illicit drugs.
The tablets were marked with PETAS-TR which is said to indicate high contents of Pseudoephedrine. They were found inside three boxes of different sizes.
The youth was identified as Rajkumar Rai hailing from Tulasipur in Bihar.
Singh said that the boxes were addressed to "Mr R Kumar, Thangal Bazar, Imphal", but there was no address of the sender.
The youth was later arrested for further investigation, he said.
Singh said the drugs would be worth about Rs eight lakh in the market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter