Illicit drugs seized from Imphal airport
Imphal: Personnel of Manipur`s anti-narcotics smuggling department have seized illicit drugs worth about Rs eight lakh from a youth at the Imphal airport here.
Officer-in-charge of Manipur Narcotics and Affairs of the Border (NAB) R K Bikramjit Singh said the personnel seized 1,03,500 tablets from a youth at Imphal`s Tulihal airport on Sunday, the day an Army colonel and five others were arrested for carrying illicit drugs.
The tablets were marked with PETAS-TR which is said to indicate high contents of Pseudoephedrine. They were found inside three boxes of different sizes.
The youth was identified as Rajkumar Rai hailing from Tulasipur in Bihar.
Singh said that the boxes were addressed to "Mr R Kumar, Thangal Bazar, Imphal", but there was no address of the sender.
The youth was later arrested for further investigation, he said.
Singh said the drugs would be worth about Rs eight lakh in the market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America