Illicit drugs seized from Imphal airport
Imphal: Personnel of Manipur`s anti-narcotics smuggling department have seized illicit drugs worth about Rs eight lakh from a youth at the Imphal airport here.
Officer-in-charge of Manipur Narcotics and Affairs of the Border (NAB) R K Bikramjit Singh said the personnel seized 1,03,500 tablets from a youth at Imphal`s Tulihal airport on Sunday, the day an Army colonel and five others were arrested for carrying illicit drugs.
The tablets were marked with PETAS-TR which is said to indicate high contents of Pseudoephedrine. They were found inside three boxes of different sizes.
The youth was identified as Rajkumar Rai hailing from Tulasipur in Bihar.
Singh said that the boxes were addressed to "Mr R Kumar, Thangal Bazar, Imphal", but there was no address of the sender.
The youth was later arrested for further investigation, he said.
Singh said the drugs would be worth about Rs eight lakh in the market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq